- To ensure a secure connection from users’ browsers to our service, we employ a 256-bit encrypted connection to the Marq environment via TLS 1.2 and a world-class certificate provider.
- Marq also employs encryption at rest to protect the secrecy of all data persisted by the application. The cryptographic keys are protected by a pair of (redundant) passphrases stored in separate environments.
- We quantify our reliability by offering a 99.9% uptime guarantee to enterprise customers. This guarantee ensures the constant deployment of our services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- To provide rigorous access controls, we have both network layer (IP) and transport layer (TCP) firewalls that segregate network traffic between application tiers.
- Our network is built using Amazon's secure Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) technology, adding an extra layer of protection against intrusion.
Disaster recovery and backups
- Your data is backed up hourly to multiple physical locations across several Availability Zones.
- Once a week, the most recent versions of database snapshots are stored in encrypted form to a secure off-site location.
- Marq conducts monthly validations of our backups to ensure that they can be used for restoration in case of emergency.
Secure data centers
Amazon Web Services (AWS) powers the server requirements for thousands of high-profile companies and government entities. We have partnered with AWS to provide our web and data services because of their stringent security measures, which include compliance with the following certifications and third-party attestations:
- SAS70 Type II audits
- Level 1 service provider under the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS)
- ISO 27001 certification
- U.S. General Services Administration FISMA-Moderate level operation authorization
To learn more about the security procedures employed by AWS, please review their documentation.